12.3.11

SGF: Lent - Day 4

The Bible Song today is Psalm 130. In it the psalmist talks about waiting for the Lord. He says, "my whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope" (v. 5). I love the idea that we can put our hope in God's word... and I love that this book is helping me get back into the word. I also love the reminders in this psalm of God's forgiveness and faithfulness. In verse 4, the psalmist says about God, "with you there is forgiveness; therefore you are feared". I like that - we fear (as in, are in awe of) God because of His great forgiving nature.

The Bible reading, from Matthew 6, reminds us yet again that fasting is about what's going on inside of us and it's between us and God. We're told to not make it obvious to others that we are fasting and then, God, who sees what is done in secret, will reward us (v. 16-21).

No comments:

Post a Comment