24.2.11

Seeking God's Face

As a community, those of us who attend New Hope Church in Calgary are reading a daily devotional book entitled Seeking God's Face: Praying with the Bible through the Year, written and compiled by Phil Reinders. I haven't been the most diligent in reading it every day, but I'm making an effort, and it's getting easier to make it a priority. Funny how habits work that way, hey?

I thought a good way to respond to and process what I read each day would be to blog about it. So I'm going to try. It seems like a good way to combine two things I wish I did more of, devotions and blogging, and maximize my inspiration.

The book explains that "Each day of prayer contains a number of different elements - an invitation into God's presence, times of quiet, Scripture, free prayer, a set prayer, and a closing blessing" (17). Each day I'd like to respond to whatever stands out to me - this might be one, some, or all of that day's elements. Sometimes I may just reflect on the feeling that day's reading evokes in me. I don't want to structure it; I'm just going to RESPOND - as a reader, a pray-er, a writer.

If you decide to join me on this journey, I hope you'll be blessed by my musings. If you want to read the book, you can find it here.

1 comment:

  1. Dieni Gerryts24/2/11 4:28 PM

    Thanks for your insight Meg, great to see your love for the Lord. I am going to try to follow your blog as often as I remember.:)

    ReplyDelete